Wednesday 29 July 2009

Challenge #7 - Review



Hi guys. Here's my review for the last challenge. At first, and as always, congratulations for the pictures. All of them are covering the subject as I was expecting. I'll comment each one separately with my opinion as follows:



Le Mouton: you are always giving pictures playing with the meaning and the sense. I like it, because it's a way to give the contrast to the challenges. I like this picture, and I agree with your iterpretation of the image. You give in a bigger or smaller degree all those impresions with the shot.

Olivier: olala mon ami... hahahaha. Really, the picture looks very simple, and i like it a lot. The colour and the order, finally, the symmetry gives me the sensation of "perfect order". I like an equilibrium between both sides of everything. And I like the difused background. You are getting good control of your flash, I already knew it. Very nice.

Edu: Orchidea, this is one of my favourite flowers (professional deformation) one of the characteristics is the bilateral symmetry, and is one of the family with more species all over the world. The adaptations are quite widespread, even most of them are in the tropics... but farder than this comment, I like the idea. The only detail that i can see is that the shadow doesn't give symmetry, but I can imagine that is not easy to find it in the nature, almost not a perfect symmetry. Any way, i like the idea, in fact I was thinking on looking for the symmetry on the nature, but it was a bit complicated (takes to much time and I have not enough of it right now).

Fernando: like me, you decided to work with photo software. I always liked to do this, there are some cases that is not necessary or is not good to use it, but in my opinion is a very good tool to make good images. I like more the second one, because of the colours, and the perfect symmetry that you made. Clean, ordered and colourful, three things I like in a picture.

About me, Pepe: when I posted this challenge, I had no idea at all, about what I would do, in fact, I made the pictures one day before the deadline. I was looking for something that could give symmetry from different points. As I said, for me, symmetry gives an idea of perfect order, equilibrium, and calm. The stones, are giving the equilibrium, and the typical zen sense that we can find in the publicity. The contrast between the black and white stones is not symetric, but putting the picture upside down on the other side, gives a simple look. I tried to show the symmetry trought the equilibrium, and I'm satisfied with the result, but as I say always, those are my comments and my opinions, and I'm more interested on what does my image give than saying what I want to give with it.

Congratulations to all, and thank you very much for your work.

Have fun and good luck!!

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment