Monday 8 June 2009

Challenge #4 - Review



First of all I would like to congratulate all of you on your work with this challenge! It's really nice the originality of each picture.

Olivier - I wasn't just dissapointed! I really like a lot your personal style of your pictures. This photography is perfect! I didn't think about any point of light in such explicit way, but I think you were really careful studying the situation and selecting the composition. Even, I would like to congratulate you on using the square format for this composition. I think it really gives the strenth of the photo. Congratulations!!

Pepe - You spend too much time with LeMouton, or he spends too much time with you. I don't know :) Your idea is simple and nice! I like a lot your second picture. It's almost what I was looking for when I proposed the challenge. I think you got a good texture. Just one thing, be careful with exposition. If you look carefuly the image, the small finger is completely white. Anyway it's a good picture.
Your first image is very original! I like a lot the colours. They make the image a bit disturbing (I'm not sure if this is the word). I would like to propose you to try the square format for this image. What do you think?

LeMouton - Just one picture but very nice! I'm just imaging the rest of the painting by Leonardo da Vinci. :)
I think the exposition selected emphasizes the texture of the hand. Fingers also create a good composition. Congratulations!!

My own picture - Well, I can't critizise my own picture. I know it isn't original. When I proposed the challenge I was thinking on this picture. I were lucky and the last Friday was cloudy. I was editing other photographs when I saw this 'touch of light' through the window. So I took my camera and just shoot it. This is the result. I'm sorry for not being more original, but I had my camera with the sensor completely dusty. If you know how can I clean it? :)

Edu - Such a nice idea!!! Completely shocking!! Very nice!! How did you got it? and how did you got this blue lights? Very simple but very original! I like it! Congratulations!

6 comentarios:

Bestiol said...

Thanks Fernando, I'm glad you like it ^^

About Edu's photo, I'm surprised you don't know this technique... but I'll let Edu reveal his secret :P

9 June 2009 at 08:29
Selied said...

Thank you I'm glad you like it! ^^
I did it writing the letters in the air with a small LED torch and using long exposition in a dark room:

http://picasaweb.google.es/lh/photo/Httc-4pTz1QlJDFtUnFP3A?feat=directlink

9 June 2009 at 12:28
Unknown said...

Hi Fernando. I know the idea was so similar to LeMouton, ahaha, but we were not talking about it. Im agree with the "white finger" observation, but the problem was not the exposition at all. I was working with a torch in the dark, and the light was focusing just on this finger. I tried in several positions, but in the dark and with this limited material sometimes it's so complex to get the best result. On the other hand Im agree with what you said about using square format with the first picture, but i wanted to focus more attemption on the veins and the bone's shadows. I think in the blog's resolution u can not notice it so much, but is a very nice effect. Thank you for the comments.

10 June 2009 at 12:00
Fernando R. Diz said...

Thank you Edu! I really knew this technique, but, ouw! Your result is amazing!!

Pepe! I didn't really notice the effect of shadows of bones or veins at all. About the white finger, I think that perhaps, it should be possible to use any mirrow to reflect the light and compensate the difference of exposition. In this case, the result would be different, I know; but then, if you shoot in RAW format, it should be possible to get something similar to your image. If you wish I can write to you a mail and I explain you how.

10 June 2009 at 16:54
LeMouton said...

Aha that's funny because I never thought about making a picture that looks like some paintings from Leonardo da Vinci or Michelangelo as I think ^^ Thanks about that, I'm very flatter :D

Pepe, Fernando is right, I don't have any "white finger" on my picture because I reflected the light of my flash (off camera) on a white bag underneath my hand. I also used the right exposition to avoid this "white finger". Hope it can help :)

10 June 2009 at 23:59
Unknown said...

As I said, I'm agree with Fernando, and now also with LeMouton, the finger is so white. After the challenge, I was thinking I should have filtered the light with a tissue or a paper, but this is the result before the deadline.

About the veins, I already said, it's a shame, because the original shows it better, but in the blog it doesn't give the effect. Im sorry, for the moment I cannot do nothing about this. In any case, I'm agree with you.
Thank you for the comments.

21 June 2009 at 17:55

Post a Comment