Saturday 25 April 2009

Challenge #1 - Review



Hi everybody (though it's not yet a lot of people ^^) !

Sorry I know I'm a bit late, but here is my review of the first challenge.
First things first, I have been surprised by what you all came up with to answer this subject : "as time passes by".

Edu, you're idea of the strata formation was quite unexpected, and I loved it ! However as PJ commented, the photo lacks of a "real" subject that would attract the eye. It has a nice texture and warm colors, but one couldn't find a reading of this photo. Maybe you could have included a flower or a plant, or anything in foreground that would have directed the viewer.
Your first photo indeed doesn't need any explanation ^^
I like how you answered the subject, quite "logically", straight and simple !

Pepe, I don't like tobacco either, but your second photo speaks much more to me than the first one ^^
The idea of time passing by is well given and technically, I like the depth of field you use. In terms of processing and composition, I'd say you need a bit more contrasts on the subject and less on the background, which is a bit too visible to me.
About your first photo, I like the flare on your watch, but I think it doesn't answer so well to the subject. Even though it's a watch, it doesn't show any effect of time passing by...
Good job anyway !! :)

Fernando, great job ! I'd have the same comment about your first photo... only your "watch" is a bit different :P
I love your second photo and how it expresses the emptiness of the place. Everything seems so still and frozen !
Overall, I like the post-processing you used for both photos, though I'm not so fond of the yellow tone ^^

Last but not least, PJ ! Only one photo, but a lot of work, am I right ? ^^
I like how you took the subject for yourself to finally give your own interpretation. I know you were willing to participate with a totally different idea but well, this one's good too !
The shot of the alarm clock is really neat and well integrated, but it lacks of dynamism I think. However, the association of the title with the framed photo on your wall is funny ^^


About my own photo, I chose to work on the very first meaning of the subject. I must admit that when I posted the challenge, I had no idea of what I would produce :P
So I came up with this idea, knowing I would have to wait in the Pasteur Institute for some time on last saturday. I chose a diptych because I think it's a good way to "tell a story" and to link two photos together, using a similar post-processing for both photos.

Well, that's it !
Congratulations to all of you people, it was an interesting opening, and I hope we'll keep going on !

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment